Vonn

Old November 13th 11, 02:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Default Vonn

Wins her first GS
Old November 13th 11, 04:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 11/12/11 6:36 PM, down_hill wrote:

Wins her first GS

hellofa skier.

Time to argue about her in "best ever" terms.
Old November 13th 11, 05:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

lal_truckee wrote:
On 11/12/11 6:36 PM, down_hill wrote:

Wins her first GS

hellofa skier.

Time to argue about her in "best ever" terms.

do not think there is much of an against argument
Old November 13th 11, 04:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 11/12/11 9:44 PM, down_hill wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
On 11/12/11 6:36 PM, down_hill wrote:

Wins her first GS

hellofa skier.

Time to argue about her in "best ever" terms.

do not think there is much of an against argument

Annemarie Moser-Pröll has 6 overall world cups

Lindsey Vonn has 3 overall world cups, tied for second with Kronberger,
Schneider, and Kostelić.

We can argue about historical vs current talent, etc, but bottom line is
that while Vonn is still active, I don't see her overtaking Moser-Pröll.
Old November 13th 11, 06:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

lal_truckee wrote:
On 11/12/11 6:36 PM, down_hill wrote:

Wins her first GS

hellofa skier.

Time to argue about her in "best ever" terms.

do not think there is much of an against argument

Annemarie Moser-Pröll has 6 overall world cups

Lindsey Vonn has 3 overall world cups, tied for second with Kronberger,
Schneider, and Kostelić.

We can argue about historical vs current talent, etc, but bottom line is
that while Vonn is still active, I don't see her overtaking Moser-Pröll.

Vonn just needs to win 21 more races not an impossible feat.

She beats her in the hot babe contests.....
Old November 13th 11, 06:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 11/13/11 10:23 AM, down_hill wrote:

Vonn just needs to win 21 more races not an impossible feat.

Maybe. But she needs three more Overalls. Vonn would have to continue
well beyond the typical burnout (actually she already has.) Annemarie
was a rarity to race so long at such a level - only Girardelli is
comparible for longevity. Annemarie also has 7 Downhill World Cups -
Vonn would also have to match that to become an honorary Austrian God.
The knock on Girardelli is still that he didn't like Downhill, so that's
in Vonn's favor.

She beats her in the hot babe contests...

Well, the jewelry helps, but Annemarie was a pretty hot babe in her day.
http://www.annemarie-moser-proell.at/images/weltcupsiege.jpg