"Madman across the Water".

Old November 17th 03, 02:39 PM
The Real Bev

Default "Madman across the Water".

tm wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
tm wrote:

Whoops, sorry, forgot to mention this. Mel Gibson was born in New
York. He is a faux australian.
http://www.actorsofhollywood.com/mel_gibson.html

Yeah, I forgot about that. And he's religious, too. Maybe we need to
do some rethinking...

Scary religious, and judging from that link above, we can now call him
a draftdodger. Ha!

I don't have a problem with that. My great-grandfather moved his family
to the US so his sons wouldn't be inducted into the Prussian army. If
necessary, I would have been happy to move to Canada for the same
reason. The only person in my family to have served in the army was my
Uncle Bob, who brought back a cowrie-shell bracelet and a cigarette
lighter made out of a brass cartridge from somewhere in the south
Pacific. I guess I'd be willing to die for my country if I thought I
really had to, but I don't take orders well.

Still think 'Braveheart' is one of the best epic movies ever made.
Right up there with 'Last of the Mohicans'.

But then, I think Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' is an epic dance...
uh... epic.

If you say so.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old November 17th 03, 03:23 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Vern93" skrev i melding
Hmmmm, let me ask this a delicately as possible... Are you hot?

Well, not right now, anyway.

Old November 17th 03, 03:28 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Thwockeeeey" skrev i melding
You are just right, baby.

Thanks.

May I spank you?

No.

Moren min er fra Norge.

Det borger for kvalitet, men neppe sære sexvaner. BTW, does she like to be
spanked? It runs in the family, you know. You better ask your father, if you
dare........

Old November 17th 03, 03:44 PM
Doug Taylor

"CurtisLemay" wrote:

retarded?

All these posts by geographically challenged 'Merican dim wits and
she's the one that's retarded?
--dt
Old November 17th 03, 04:29 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"tm" skrev i melding
Middle East and Central Asia are a bit tricky sometimes. Turkey joining

the
EU compounds it, but the most confusing thing, Israel competing in

Eurovision!

So many Israelis have European backgrounds, you see, so it is a culture
thing. But, Israel is still geographically in Asia. Turkey (Turkia) wishes
to belong to Europe, even though only a small part of the country actually
is in Europe. But, they can choose, and they have chosen Europe over Asia.
The Turkish capital of Ankara is in Asia Minor. The famous Turkish port city
of Istanbul (Konstantinopel) is in fact situated on both sides of the
Bosporus, and is therefore both in Europe and Asia. Quite unique!!

It's all Eurasia.

Correct.

Old November 17th 03, 04:31 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Walt" skrev i melding
AFAIK, the only Arab country with skiing is Morocco. Did you know that

Oukaimeden ski resort in Morocco has more lift served vertical
than Alta?

You can also ski in Iran, but the Iranians are not Arabs.

Old November 17th 03, 04:34 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"ant" skrev i melding
Walt wrote:
AFAIK, the only Arab country with skiing is Morocco.

What about Iran and Lebanon?

Yes, but the Iranians are not Arabs.

Old November 17th 03, 04:37 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"AstroPax" skrev i melding
Funny thing, all the Arabs I have ever met refer to the Persian Gulf as

the "Arabian Gulf". But of course, to Iranians, it's the "Persian Gulf".

We here call it both: "The Gulf of Arabia", or mostly just "The Persian
Gulf". Both names are of course correct.

Old November 17th 03, 04:40 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"tm" skrev i melding
"pastyskinned herring-bloated whale-killer' norsemen?

Yeah, thats us. And herring is indeed good for your health. We eat a lot of
herring, just like the Swedes also do.

Old November 17th 03, 04:57 PM
Walt

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote:
"Walt" skrev

AFAIK, the only Arab country with skiing is Morocco.

You can also ski in Iran, but the Iranians are not Arabs.

Yah. Persians aren't Arabs. There's reputed to be some fine skiing in
Persia (Iran), but I hear that it's nearly as hard to get an apres ski
beer there as it is in Utah.

Someone metioned that there's skiing in Lebanon - I didn't know that .

--
//-Walt
//