ski conditioning

Old November 11th 03, 03:05 AM
chris

Default ski conditioning

what specifics can i do to get into shape for the upcomming race season. im
6'3" 230 13% body fat kinda out of shape

thanks

chris

Old November 11th 03, 01:46 PM
Jay Pique

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:05:42 -0500, "chris" wrote:

what specifics can i do to get into shape for the upcomming race season. im
6'3" 230 13% body fat kinda out of shape

eat less, eat better, move your ass.

JP
Old November 11th 03, 02:02 PM
Walt

chris wrote:

what specifics can i do to get into shape for the upcomming race season. im
6'3" 230 13% body fat kinda out of shape

thanks

Horvath! Call on line one.

--
//-Walt
//
Old November 12th 03, 12:08 AM
Michael Dart

"chris" wrote in message
what specifics can i do to get into shape for the upcomming race season.

im
6'3" 230 13% body fat kinda out of shape

thanks

chris

Buy a mountain bike and ride the hell out of it.

Mike - works for me!

Old November 13th 03, 06:44 AM
foot2foot

"chris" wrote in message
what specifics can i do to get into shape for the upcomming race season.

im
6'3" 230 13% body fat kinda out of shape

thanks

chris

Having thrown out a couple of drills in "doormat" and
another thread, I thought I'd mention something new
that's attracting my interest, and that's this "pilates"
trend. It is intriguing, introducing me to muscles I didn't
know exist, and might as well have not known
considering how non existent mine are development
wise. It's a "core/center" sort of approach, something
like, every muscle you move should start from these
core muscles.

If you don't flex the core muscles before using back
muscles, you'll end up with a sore back. There may
be some truth here.

A blurb about it appeared in the national PSIA magazine,
and since reading that I've been looking for more info
on the subject. It's kind of intellectual as well as
physical.

Old November 15th 03, 09:09 PM
Sue

In message rs.com, DT
writes
13% body fat is fine.

It's skinny. Ride that MTB and put some muscles in your legs!
--
Sue ];(
Old November 15th 03, 10:45 PM
Richard Henry

"Sue" wrote in message
In message rs.com, DT
writes
13% body fat is fine.

It's skinny. Ride that MTB and put some muscles in your legs!

Wouldn't that result in a _lower_ body fat percentage?

Old November 16th 03, 08:48 PM
Sue

In message EUytb.6967$cX1.626@fed1read02, Richard Henry
writes

13% body fat is fine.

It's skinny. Ride that MTB and put some muscles in your legs!

Wouldn't that result in a _lower_ body fat percentage?

No, he'd have to be ill to get leaner than that. The muscles would make
his legs look better, and if he did fall ill he'd have some reserves.
--
Sue ];(