Quebec Board Trip - Where To Go?

Old October 23rd 03, 01:55 AM
John

Default Quebec Board Trip - Where To Go?

Hello everyone. For those that have been to Quebec what would you
recommend. I looked thru some history and can't find anything
relating what I was looking for that was actually current.

Been looking at Mt. Tremblant. Read some good and bad.
Also heard Mt. Saint Anne is nice area.

Tremblant has something like 94 runs thou, and long run is 6km.
Sounds like a sweet place.

Looking at going Mid. Jan. And boardings days will be a Friday and
Saturday.

As it stands now anyhow. What are your pros/cons of these places. If
you know of any others that are great let me know.

Cheers,
John
Old October 23rd 03, 03:30 AM
Stephen

Hello everyone. For those that have been to Quebec what would you
recommend. I looked thru some history and can't find anything
relating what I was looking for that was actually current.

Been looking at Mt. Tremblant. Read some good and bad.
Also heard Mt. Saint Anne is nice area.

Tremblant has something like 94 runs thou, and long run is 6km.
Sounds like a sweet place.

Looking at going Mid. Jan. And boardings days will be a Friday and
Saturday.

As it stands now anyhow. What are your pros/cons of these places. If
you know of any others that are great let me know.

Cheers,
John

Tremblant can be crazy on weekends, mid-week is best. On the other hand, if
you've never been there and your planning a trip in the area, it's
definitely worth while. Most of my experiences there have included icy
conditions. If you're planning a multi-day trip, some of the smaller hills
in the area near St Jovite can make good base camps. I've stayed at Mont
Blanc for a couple of days, the hot tub, pool, and steam baths were welcome
at the end of the day to ease those muscles.

Old October 23rd 03, 07:49 PM
Tiburon27

I've heard that Le Massif is rockin' too. It's like the highest peak east
of the canadian rockies or something like that.

om...

Old October 25th 03, 01:57 AM
Tiburon27

Hey John I was at a Ski and Snowboard show here in Sludgebury yesterday. If
you have some specific questions like prices and elevation and # of runs etc
about Quebec skiiing post them here and I'll check my brochures.

The other shows will be at:
Oct 24, Blue Mountain, Collingwood
Oct 25, Horseshoe, Barrie
Oct 26 Chicopee, Kitchener
Oct 30, Convention Centre, London
Oct 31/Nov1, Olympic Harbour, Kingston
Nov 2, Camp Fortune, Ottawa/Hull

Also try www.skican.com

Good luck!

Old October 26th 03, 01:31 AM
John

Been to Tremblant, Orford and Mont Saint Anne. All were pretty good.
We went during the week so it's hard to compare, plus it was a couple
of years ago. I do recall Tremblant being rather crowded. Orford is
small, but nice. Mont St.Anne is in between.

Suggestions about Quebec though - try the poutin (french fries, cheese
curds and gravy) for a heart-clogging winter calorie burst and bring
extra gear for the extremely cold temperatures in mid/late January
like face masks and down liners.

Thanks for the post back. I think we are going to take the drive to
Mont Saint Anne as it has what we are looking for at a very reasonable
price for the time we want. We will be going at the start of the week
thou to hopefully avoid large amts of people. Probably do our
snowboarding on Monday and Tuesday.

It is about a 14h drive from SW Ontario, but everyone I know that has
been their says great things about it. Maybe if all allows I would
not mind trying Tremblant out in the spring as a "last day" of
boarding type trip.

Thanks for the post back thou guys/gals.
Cheers,
John
Old October 27th 03, 06:03 PM
seb

Hi,

i'm from quebec city.. and I will recommand you to try Le Massif...

it's about 20 min from Mont-Sainte-Anne... less crowded, twice as high
and the view is great... at the top of the slopes (where you park your
car..) you'll be able to see the St-Lawrence river, and the beautiful
region of Charlevoix

it's not as big as Sainte-Anne (25 trail I think).. but the trail are
a lot longuer and a there is a lot of black trail (difficult)

http://www.lemassif.com/Eng/default.html

(John) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Fakie board recommendation Skitzo Snowboarding 9 May 13th 04 11:03 PM
Cap vs. non-Cap board construction ? toddjb Snowboarding 28 October 28th 03 01:36 PM
Board sizing... Brett Snowboarding 1 October 19th 03 11:07 PM
Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM
weight of board on life hurts knee Baretta Snowboarding 1 August 21st 03 11:54 PM