The longest on-topic thread in recent history - What it takes

Old April 22nd 04, 09:18 PM
Lisa Horton

Default The longest on-topic thread in recent history - What it takes

klaus wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

I have one friend who's interested in snow sports, and
she's a boarder.

Tell us more.

She's attached too She's the one who got me up to the mountain, it's
all her fault. There, that's more.

Lisa
Old April 22nd 04, 09:40 PM
lal_truckee

klaus wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

It's called not jumping to conclusions; it quite nicely compliments
jumping cornices.

I guess I need to work on my, ahem, skiing.

Best time of the year. Best time.

From yesterday evenings avalanche report:

http://www.avalanche.org/~uac/advisory.html

"Storm totals are starting to stack up. Since Sunday, the Cottonwoods
have received close to 30" of new snow with over 2 "of water,
including 8-12" last night."

And just for giggles, divide that out to get snow density. The sun is
shining now though.

You'll just sink right through that stuff - hardly worth going out.
Old April 22nd 04, 09:52 PM
klaus

Lisa Horton wrote:
klaus wrote:

They're not odd at all. Everything has it's place. And actually I'm
quite the opposite of suspicious.

I see. Your contradictions are informative

That's a good thing, right?

I have no desire to know more, however. You see, this is the first
time I've been greeted in a new group with this sort of suspicion.

We're skiers. It has less to do with preference than status. Da boyz
were hopin' you were single. Take the compliment and run with it.

Sounds like work.

As you like. You were the one with the gender indeterminate comment.

Hmmmmm... methinks you may be the suspicious one. ;

You're free to find your answer if you like.

Answer???

Usenet relationships infrequently cross over into 3D, so I tend to
provisionally accept that people are who and what they say they are.

You might want to be more careful round here.

Most of the time, it's irrelevant who or what they are in 3D, at least
for the sorts of online discussions I pursue.

Thanks for the invite.

Sure...

So I'm guessing like 700's on the SAT.

-klaus

Old April 22nd 04, 09:56 PM
klaus

Lisa Horton wrote:

She's attached too

I knew that.

She's the one who got me up to the mountain, it's
all her fault. There, that's more.

sigh

-klaus

Old April 22nd 04, 10:06 PM
Lisa Horton

klaus wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:
klaus wrote:

They're not odd at all. Everything has it's place. And actually I'm
quite the opposite of suspicious.

I see. Your contradictions are informative

That's a good thing, right?

Of course

I have no desire to know more, however. You see, this is the first
time I've been greeted in a new group with this sort of suspicion.

We're skiers. It has less to do with preference than status. Da boyz
were hopin' you were single. Take the compliment and run with it.

Sounds like a good plan.

Sounds like work.

As you like. You were the one with the gender indeterminate comment.

Hmmmmm... methinks you may be the suspicious one. ;

Did I imply that I was not?

You're free to find your answer if you like.

Answer???

Usenet relationships infrequently cross over into 3D, so I tend to
provisionally accept that people are who and what they say they are.

You might want to be more careful round here.

Provisionally

Most of the time, it's irrelevant who or what they are in 3D, at least
for the sorts of online discussions I pursue.

Thanks for the invite.

Sure...

So I'm guessing like 700's on the SAT.

You are, of course, free to guess

But here's a hint, of sorts: Samantha Carter

Lisa
Old April 22nd 04, 10:16 PM
Lisa Horton

Kurt Knisely wrote:

In article , klaus says...

Lisa Horton wrote:

I have one friend who's interested in snow sports, and
she's a boarder.

Tell us more.

We can almost guarantee some pownography along w/ face-shots if the shred betty
is interested?

Ah, well, she doesn't do Usenet, so I'd have to explain a number of
things before inviting her to join a newsgroup But I'll be happy to
pass along links.

Lisa
Old April 22nd 04, 10:20 PM
lal_truckee

klaus wrote:

Lisa Horton wrote:

klaus wrote:

[...]

Before or after they watered them down?

ObSki: Watering down the SATs is to watering down the Slalom course as
fish is to
a) sleighs
b) bran muffins
c) squid
d) none of the above
Old April 22nd 04, 10:35 PM
lal_truckee

Lisa Horton wrote:

klaus wrote:

So I'm guessing like 700's on the SAT.

You are, of course, free to guess

But here's a hint, of sorts: Samantha Carter

Go Bears?
Old April 22nd 04, 10:35 PM
klaus

Lisa Horton wrote:

Sounds like work.

As you like. You were the one with the gender indeterminate comment.

Hmmmmm... methinks you may be the suspicious one. ;

Did I imply that I was not?

15 - love. Your serve.

You might want to be more careful round here.

Provisionally

Like everything else.

So I'm guessing like 700's on the SAT.

You are, of course, free to guess

But here's a hint, of sorts: Samantha Carter

Impressive. Very Impressive.

-klaus

Old April 22nd 04, 10:37 PM
Sue

In message , Lisa Horton
writes

For the record, I'm definitely female, as is my SO. If that's a
problem, just let me know and I'll not bother you again, an invitation
that extends to the group as a whole.

This group has some rather unsophisticated trolls, so you'd have no way
of knowing whether that's really a problem or whether you're just being
trolled.
Don't let it worry you, just tell 'em where one of those racing poles
with the bends in would fit best!

--
Sue ];(