Gatineau Park: Conditions

Old November 23rd 03, 12:39 AM
Pete Hickey

Default Gatineau Park: Conditions

Beautiful day in the park, Unfortunately no snow yet. However,
in spite of the past few days of warm weather, most of the ponds
were half covered with ice.

The park was full of people using human powered locomotion: Walking
bikes, Roller blades, roller skis... no cars.

"It's a sad day for american capitalism when a man
can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park."
J. Moran
Old November 25th 03, 01:01 PM
Onno Oerlemans

I REALLY miss Gatineau Park, having moved away from Ottawa 4 years
ago. I remember several seasons skiing on the Parkways by my birthday
in mid-November.

Let us know when the skiing starts there! It's well worth the drive.

Onno Oerlemans

Old November 25th 03, 01:15 PM
Darrel Newman

It is with extreme sadness that I have to report that we are still hiking in
the Gatineau Park.

We are "GREEN" with envy for those folks who have snow.

Last year we skied in late Nov but alas there is hardly anyway that we will
get that opportunity in 2003.

Old November 25th 03, 07:50 PM
Justin F. Knotzke

quote who= Darrel Newman /:
It is with extreme sadness that I have to report that we are still hiking in
the Gatineau Park.

We are "GREEN" with envy for those folks who have snow.

Last year we skied in late Nov but alas there is hardly anyway that we will
get that opportunity in 2003.

As a vocal Gatineau Jealousist, and given that we too here in Montreal have
no snow, I actually get some Grinchly pleasure knowing The Gats people are
snowless.

Cold comfort.

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca PGP: http://www.shampoo.ca/pubkey.txt
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously - Noam Chomsky
Old November 25th 03, 07:59 PM
Darrel Newman

You will never get away with it. Recall that the Grinch eventually returned
Christmas

Old November 25th 03, 08:08 PM
Justin F. Knotzke

quote who= Darrel Newman /:

You will never get away with it. Recall that the Grinch eventually returned
Christmas

Who are you, Little Cindy-Lou ?

Old November 26th 03, 01:26 AM
Scott Elliot

"Justin F. Knotzke" wrote in message
quote who= Darrel Newman /:
It is with extreme sadness that I have to report that we are still

hiking in
the Gatineau Park.

We are "GREEN" with envy for those folks who have snow.

Last year we skied in late Nov but alas there is hardly anyway that we

will
get that opportunity in 2003.

As a vocal Gatineau Jealousist, and given that we too here in Montreal

have
no snow, I actually get some Grinchly pleasure knowing The Gats people are
snowless.

Cold comfort.

If it makes you feel any better, we have great snow at Kelowna, BC. I'm not
complaining, but the main problem is that it is falling faster than the
grooming machines can pack it so trails are a little soft. I'm sure this
weather is headed your way.

Scott