Best Automobile made in 1970.

Old September 22nd 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Default Best Automobile made in 1970.

L.A. Vinyl wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:
clarencedarrow wrote:
bdubya wrote:

Isn't it a P1800 that holds the current "most miles on a passenger
car" title?

Some guy in NY ran up over 1,000,000 miles on one. Volvo gave the guy a
new car.

It's actually a pretty cool looking ride. I'd be seen in one of those.
A *million* friggin' miles, huh? Not the way I drive, I guarantee it.

Try a Jensen FF - first production car with 4WD and anti-lock brakes.
Just as an FYI, Jensen did some of the assembly of the P1800 for a few
years in the 60s.

Ooooh. Quiller had a Jensen.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old September 22nd 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Chriggity

pigo wrote:
Once the hunt
and capture are over you can't beat a van. Come to think of it, they
work pretty good for the hunt and capture too.

Maybe the capture. I dunno about the hunt. Unless your beat up van
has golden, diamond 22'' rims.

Old September 22nd 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Neil Kaufman

You can't afford it. But the best car is definitely the
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Hemi Convertible (the yellow ragtop from Nash
Bridges)

see also the current issue of Newsweek.

"Sven Golly" wrote in message
4.120...
"Jay Pique" wrote in news:1158877968.261311.88620
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

I'm looking for something cool, but not "too cool". It's should be
totally functional, yet say "hey, I like to enjoy life". And it must
be a panty dropper. I want to hear the soft susurration of thongs
slipping down thighs whenever I drive by. If it won't get me laid,
it's a deal breaker.

Go for something made in '69 and it won't have the first round of 5mph
bumpers. For cool factor, consider an Opel GT.

--
Sven Golly
Trolling as usual

Old September 22nd 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Neil Kaufman wrote:

You can't afford it. But the best car is definitely the
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Hemi Convertible (the yellow ragtop from Nash
Bridges)

How about the 1970 Challenger from 'Vanishing Point'?

Shouldn't he be asking women instead of guys? I mean if he's really
serious about what he wants...

"Sven Golly" wrote:
"Jay Pique" wrote:

I'm looking for something cool, but not "too cool". It's should be
totally functional, yet say "hey, I like to enjoy life". And it must
be a panty dropper. I want to hear the soft susurration of thongs
slipping down thighs whenever I drive by. If it won't get me laid,
it's a deal breaker.

Go for something made in '69 and it won't have the first round of 5mph
bumpers. For cool factor, consider an Opel GT.

I recently saw a Nissan bumper with the plastic exterior chipped away.
There's styrofoam underneath.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old September 22nd 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Jay Pique wrote:
pigo wrote:

"Yabahoobs" wrote in message
roups.com...

Triumph drop-top.

One of the worst cars ever made.

LOL. Ya gotta love pigo.

Which one though - Stag, Spitfire, TR3, 4, 4A, 5, 6 ?
Old September 22nd 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

L.A. Vinyl wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
clarencedarrow wrote:

bdubya wrote:

Isn't it a P1800 that holds the current "most miles on a passenger
car" title?

Some guy in NY ran up over 1,000,000 miles on one. Volvo gave the
guy a new car.

It's actually a pretty cool looking ride. I'd be seen in one of
those. A *million* friggin' miles, huh? Not the way I drive, I
guarantee it. JP

Try a Jensen FF - first production car with 4WD and anti-lock brakes.
Just as an FYI, Jensen did some of the assembly of the P1800 for a few
years in the 60s.

Jensen FF or Interceptor, 1 UK gallon to get it out of the garage in the
morning..... well fullfils the "screams I've got Money" criteria, but if
you'd have any left to give away is debateable.

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk

Old September 22nd 06, 10:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MoonMan

BrritSki wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
pigo wrote:

"Yabahoobs" wrote in message
ups.com...

Triumph drop-top.

One of the worst cars ever made.

LOL. Ya gotta love pigo.

Which one though - Stag, Spitfire, TR3, 4, 4A, 5, 6 ?

what about TR7, 8 and Herald?

Chris *:-)

Old September 22nd 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo

"Chriggity" wrote in message
ups.com...

pigo wrote:
"Yabahoobs" wrote in message
ups.com...
Triumph drop-top.

yeah ?

Why ??

Keep in mind, Im younger than you guys, I can't speak from personal
experience. They always just seemed like a cool car to have.

That or an MG

They were just famous for falling apart. "Cute" I guess, but you
weren't supposed to have one unless you like to work on cars.

Old September 22nd 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo

"Chriggity" wrote in message
oups.com...

pigo wrote:
Once the hunt
and capture are over you can't beat a van. Come to think of it,
they
work pretty good for the hunt and capture too.

Maybe the capture. I dunno about the hunt. Unless your beat up
van
has golden, diamond 22'' rims.

I tried to attach the pic but it didn't make it. So let's try it this
way:

So who said anything about a "beat up" van?
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...er/vanside.jpg

Old September 22nd 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:58:29 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

Neil Kaufman wrote:

You can't afford it. But the best car is definitely the
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Hemi Convertible (the yellow ragtop from Nash
Bridges)

How about the 1970 Challenger from 'Vanishing Point'?

How about a different Challenger? Last I saw of that one, it needed a
LOT of work.

bw