Best Automobile made in 1970.

Old September 22nd 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

Default Best Automobile made in 1970.

bdubya wrote:
Isn't it a P1800 that holds the current "most miles on a passenger
car" title?

bw

Some guy in NY ran up over 1,000,000 miles on one. Volvo gave the guy a
new car.

Old September 22nd 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

klaus wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
I'm looking for something cool, but not "too cool". It's should be
totally functional, yet say "hey, I like to enjoy life". And it must
be a panty dropper. I want to hear the soft susurration of thongs
slipping down thighs whenever I drive by. If it won't get me laid,
it's a deal breaker.

AMC Pacer or Gremlim. Accept no substitutes. Take no prisoners.

Oh man....do you really think I could pull it off? I'm not at all sure
I'm self-confident enough to make it work. Maybe, though. How's it
handle in the snow? Do chicks really dig Gremlins? Wow. I'm gonna go
drop in on some chat rooms and sort of slip it in that I roll in a
vintage 1970 Gremlin. See if there are any bites. Back shortly.

JP

Old September 22nd 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

Marty wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

I want to hear the soft susurration of thongs
slipping down thighs whenever I drive by.

Dude,

Do you write those soft cover love novels?

Dude, I live them.
JP

Old September 22nd 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

clarencedarrow wrote:
bdubya wrote:
Isn't it a P1800 that holds the current "most miles on a passenger
car" title?

Some guy in NY ran up over 1,000,000 miles on one. Volvo gave the guy a
new car.

It's actually a pretty cool looking ride. I'd be seen in one of those.
A *million* friggin' miles, huh? Not the way I drive, I guarantee it.

JP

Old September 22nd 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

Chriggity wrote:
pigo wrote:
"Yabahoobs" wrote in message
ups.com...
Triumph drop-top.

yeah ?

Why ??

Keep in mind, Im younger than you guys, I can't speak from personal
experience. They always just seemed like a cool car to have.

That or an MG

BAD BAD BAD. Combination of union labor and Lucas electrics. Lucas
electrical components were the MOST unreliable pieces of garbage. You
never knew when the electical systems would crash. You had to be a
shade tree mechanic to keep those damn cars running. When the Datsun
240Z came out it was like a breath of fresh air. Even the Fiat 124
Spider was more reliable than the British cars of that time. Which
reminds me the Alfa Romeo 164 Sedan was flat gorgeous. Personally if I
was looking for a vintage car, I'd like the Porsche 356 C.

Old September 22nd 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

Jay Pique wrote:
clarencedarrow wrote:
bdubya wrote:
Isn't it a P1800 that holds the current "most miles on a passenger
car" title?

Some guy in NY ran up over 1,000,000 miles on one. Volvo gave the guy a
new car.

It's actually a pretty cool looking ride. I'd be seen in one of those.
A *million* friggin' miles, huh? Not the way I drive, I guarantee it.

JP

Son,

I hit a concrete curb square with my front axle and hit knocked the
windshield out with my head. It was the damn toughest car I've ever
had. You could not destroy that B-18 4 banger. That car, PV544 and the
122S were the reason that Volvo developed its reputation for toughness.
If any autos were close to being indestructible as could be expected.

Old September 22nd 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Jay Pique wrote:
klaus wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
I'm looking for something cool, but not "too cool". It's should be
totally functional, yet say "hey, I like to enjoy life". And it must
be a panty dropper. I want to hear the soft susurration of thongs
slipping down thighs whenever I drive by. If it won't get me laid,
it's a deal breaker.

AMC Pacer or Gremlim. Accept no substitutes. Take no prisoners.

Oh man....do you really think I could pull it off? I'm not at all sure
I'm self-confident enough to make it work. Maybe, though. How's it
handle in the snow? Do chicks really dig Gremlins? Wow. I'm gonna go
drop in on some chat rooms and sort of slip it in that I roll in a
vintage 1970 Gremlin. See if there are any bites. Back shortly.

JP

If you want it to handle snow, get the Eagle version
of the Gremlin.

Actually the one I always wanted was the coupe/hatch
back version. Two door, back seat folded flat, almost
as much room as the wagon. Came with an iron 4 cyl
engine by Pontiac (The Iron Duke, dead reliable) got
reasonable performance with the 4 speed manual.

Cute little fast back coupe jacked way high off the
ground. If I found one in decent shape today I'd
buy it.
Old September 22nd 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

clarencedarrow wrote:
Chriggity wrote:
pigo wrote:
"Yabahoobs" wrote in message
ups.com...
Triumph drop-top.

yeah ?

Why ??

Keep in mind, Im younger than you guys, I can't speak from personal
experience. They always just seemed like a cool car to have.

That or an MG

BAD BAD BAD. Combination of union labor and Lucas electrics. Lucas
electrical components were the MOST unreliable pieces of garbage. You
never knew when the electical systems would crash. You had to be a
shade tree mechanic to keep those damn cars running. When the Datsun
240Z came out it was like a breath of fresh air. Even the Fiat 124
Spider was more reliable than the British cars of that time. Which
reminds me the Alfa Romeo 164 Sedan was flat gorgeous. Personally if I
was looking for a vintage car, I'd like the Porsche 356 C.

Lucas, English for great bringer of darkness.
Old September 22nd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
L.A. Vinyl

Jay Pique wrote:
clarencedarrow wrote:

bdubya wrote:

Isn't it a P1800 that holds the current "most miles on a passenger
car" title?

Some guy in NY ran up over 1,000,000 miles on one. Volvo gave the guy a
new car.

It's actually a pretty cool looking ride. I'd be seen in one of those.
A *million* friggin' miles, huh? Not the way I drive, I guarantee it.

JP

Try a Jensen FF - first production car with 4WD and anti-lock brakes.
Just as an FYI, Jensen did some of the assembly of the P1800 for a few
years in the 60s.
Old September 22nd 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Jay Pique wrote:

I'm looking for something cool, but not "too cool". It's should be
totally functional, yet say "hey, I like to enjoy life". And it must
be a panty dropper. I want to hear the soft susurration of thongs
slipping down thighs whenever I drive by. If it won't get me laid,
it's a deal breaker.

Dodge pickup. Candy-apple orange. Get the long bed, you'll be more
comfortable.

--
Cheers,
Bev