K2 Axis XR opinions

Old June 20th 04, 07:11 PM
Wombat

Default K2 Axis XR opinions

Has anyone skiied these? I know they are biased towards on-piste but
I'm also wondering how they would do off-piste?

--
Last Wombat in Kandahar
Old June 20th 04, 07:53 PM
snoig

"Wombat" wrote in message
Has anyone skiied these? I know they are biased towards on-piste but
I'm also wondering how they would do off-piste?

--
Last Wombat in Kandahar

I skied on the Axis X last season and was not impressed. I found them to be
unstable at high speeds. Nothing another 10cm of length wouldn't cure but
they don't make skis that long any more. I would imagine would have the
same problems on the XR if you like speed and are about the same size as me
(6'2" - 210lbs.)

snoig

Old June 20th 04, 08:01 PM
Wombat

"snoig" wrote in
:

I would imagine would have the
same problems on the XR if you like speed and are about the same
size as me (6'2" - 210lbs.)

Uh, no. I'm not the same size. 5'8", 150 lbs.

--
Last Wombat in Kandahar
Old June 21st 04, 04:07 AM
snoig

"Wombat" wrote in message
"snoig" wrote in
:

I would imagine would have the
same problems on the XR if you like speed and are about the same
size as me (6'2" - 210lbs.)

Uh, no. I'm not the same size. 5'8", 150 lbs.

--
Last Wombat in Kandahar

Well, they might work for you then. I had problems on high speed cord and
on some of the crusty stuff. They were cheap though.

snoig

Old June 24th 04, 01:01 PM
Florian Anwander

Hi Wombat

Has anyone skiied these? I know they are biased towards on-piste but
I'm also wondering how they would do off-piste?

my girlfriend skies an Axis (~165cm) for alpine touring. I tried it for
one day. Nice to ski (really a girls ski), but to my opinion (and of
course not ot the opion of my girlfriend) to heavy for real touring.

Florian

Old June 25th 04, 12:09 AM
Chris

I have a pair of XR. They are very good on piste especially hard pack and
ice.

Unfortunately, they are not as good off-piste. The K2 Axis XT would be
better.

"Sven Golly" wrote in message
Florian Anwander wrote in
:

my girlfriend skies an Axis (~165cm) for alpine touring. I tried it for
one day. Nice to ski (really a girls ski), but to my opinion (and of
course not ot the opion of my girlfriend) to heavy for real touring.

Are you talking about the Axis X or the Axis XR? They are completely
different skis. As are the Axis XP and XT.

--
Sven Golly
Trolling as usual