Pain on Top of Front Foot in Straps Binding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 1st 05, 09:04 PM
todd

What Robert S. said above is about right.

Either way, they require preliminary setup & adjustment, which is
pretty much ignored by everyone I've met that owns them. If you take
the time to get them right, they are the best attachment system on

the
market.

I'll pipe in again and say this works for some, but not all. I gave
these bindings the definite "college try." Tried several different
adjustments. Even took them back to the shop (which sells a lot of
Flows) and had them adjust the bindings with me standing in them. Also
read everything I could find in this forum about adjustments. So, this
is just a correction that for some, even if you know about all the
adjustments...they still suck.

Even knowing that Flows can be person specific, I quickly dismissed the
idea of purchasing a pair for my girlfriend who would not want to
adjust or tweek anything. I don't mind f*cking with things a bit, but
most people want to get something set up once, when first installed,
and the just forgot about it. This is true for most traditional straps
and every other step-in system. Yeah, you may have to adjust the
highback position for your foot size, but then it works, everytime.
Flow supporters always say how great they are "once you take the time
to get them right"...well, you shouldn't have to!

I know, i'm jaded and biased, but these bindings also robbed me of many
powder runs last season while I f*cked around with them to get rid of
severe foot pain. Sorry to those of you that love 'em. I used to deal
with the same thing when I'd rave about my old Clicker HBs and everyone
else would bitch about them.

Before you purchase a pair, see if you can rent/demo them for the day.
Flow is at most demo days and shops that sell Flows often have them on
their rental boards.