Buying a board for a gift

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 13th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mark

Default Buying a board for a gift

I would like to buy a snowboard package for a gift to my daughter. She
is new to the sport and has taken a few lessons. She has been boarding
about 8-10 times and seems to be a very fast learner. She isn't a big
risk taker and will undoubtedly not be doing many tricks beyond
grinding. She is sixteen years old, 5' 7" 125 lbs. Her women shoe
size is 10-11 she will probably grow a couple more inches. I don't
want to spend a ton of money, but will buy her good equipment. I'm
fortunate because she doesn't require the "in stuff, or latest stuff").
My concern is weather to buy a mens setup or a women setup because of
her shoe size. Can you mix women boards with mens bindings and boots?
She has told me that step in binding are the kind to get. Anyone with
any thoughts and specific recommendations on what size and what type of
equipment I might want to consider is greatly appreciated.