Klolsters now (was Flying metal)

Old January 22nd 07, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

Default Klolsters now (was Flying metal)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:09:20 +0000, Champ wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:52:10 +0100, Ace wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:30:52 +0000, Champ wrote:

Water skiing is great fun. Of course, wakeboarding is less controlled, but
that just re-inforces the "one plank better than two" myth.

Typo corrected.

**** me this bait is good stuff!

It's tasty, tasty, very very tasty...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 22nd 07, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Timo Geusch

muddy cat wrote:

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

Ah, yes. Nice sunny Hawaii, warm sandy beaches and cold mai tais.

Forgot to ask - are you around in the third week of March?[1]

[1] Giving you enough notice so you can buy a ticket to the South Pole
if necessary

--
Morini Corsaro 125 | CB450K4 | XL250 Motosport x2 | 900SSD | VFR750
Triumph T-Bird chop BOTAFOF #33 TWA#10
Old January 23rd 07, 02:41 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
muddy

In article ,
"Timo Geusch" wrote:

muddy cat wrote:

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

Ah, yes. Nice sunny Hawaii, warm sandy beaches and cold mai tais.

Forgot to ask - are you around in the third week of March?[1]

Yes.

[1] Giving you enough notice so you can buy a ticket to the South Pole
if necessary

heh

Nothing's ever broken here.

--
Mike
DL1000 Black with extra black bits. UKRMMA#22
Old January 23rd 07, 02:44 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
muddy

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 04:22:52 -0800, muddy cat
wrote:

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

Ah, yes. Nice sunny Hawaii, warm sandy beaches and cold mai tais.

How do you ski on a beach?

Long tow rope.

Old January 23rd 07, 06:28 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Timo Geusch

muddy wrote:

In article ,
"Timo Geusch" wrote:

muddy cat wrote:

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

Ah, yes. Nice sunny Hawaii, warm sandy beaches and cold mai tais.

Forgot to ask - are you around in the third week of March?[1]

Yes.

Good stuff, some beers may be in order then.

Old January 23rd 07, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:44:08 -0800, muddy
wrote:

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 04:22:52 -0800, muddy cat
wrote:

In article ,
Pip Luscher wrote:

Roll on the 3rd Feb!

Ah, yes. Nice sunny Hawaii, warm sandy beaches and cold mai tais.

How do you ski on a beach?

Long tow rope.

Nonono: 'proper' skiing.
--
-Pip
Old January 23rd 07, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Eugene Miya

Ah Klosters. Fond memories from last year.
I met a shred Betty on a t-bar whose contact info I really should have gotten.
You can have Hawaii.

Old January 25th 07, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:04:43 +0000, Pete Fisher
wrote:

My nephew is a 'boarder'. To my amazement he also informs me that my
Dynastar 185s are ridiculously, unfashionably long.

Last year, because I had the carrying capacity, I took my old 195
Kästles with me, just to see how they compared. I took them on kind of
a farewell run.

It was odd, apparently being the only person in the entire resort
wearing such long skis.

Skis have come on a bit: the old Kästles initially didn't feel that
different, that is, they'd turn when asked without undue pressure.

Then I started noticing the diferences: if I tried to carve, despite
exaggerating the movement, they just wouldn't; the lines were there
but always scrubbed a bit.

Later, as I relaxed and forgot what I was wearing, once or twice I
tried to steer the skis around at low speed, as is my habit, by sort
of rolling the outside knee inwards and slightly stepping the inside
ski into the turn. Here I found that I now had a rapidly diverging
pair of skis...

--
-Pip
Old January 25th 07, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pete Fisher

In communiqué , Pip Luscher
cast forth these pearls of
wisdom
wrote:

My nephew is a 'boarder'. To my amazement he also informs me that my
Dynastar 185s are ridiculously, unfashionably long.

Later, as I relaxed and forgot what I was wearing, once or twice I
tried to steer the skis around at low speed, as is my habit, by sort
of rolling the outside knee inwards and slightly stepping the inside
ski into the turn. Here I found that I now had a rapidly diverging
pair of skis...

I have only tried modern carvers (170s) at the Tamworth Snow Dome. TBF
the Dynastar 185s are probably a tad long for me anyway but they were a
bargain second hand from Snow and Rock 20 years ago.

I last used them in 2004 at Mont Dore (Espace Sancy). They were indeed
hard work for rapid direction changes, but they were invigoratingly fast
where you could schuss a bit.

| Pete Fisher at Home: |
| Voxan Roadster Gilera Nordwest Yamaha WR250Z |
| Gilera GFR Moto Morini 2C/375 |
Old January 25th 07, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:01:49 +0000, Pete Fisher
wrote:

In communiqué , Pip Luscher
cast forth these pearls of
wisdom
wrote:

My nephew is a 'boarder'. To my amazement he also informs me that my
Dynastar 185s are ridiculously, unfashionably long.

Later, as I relaxed and forgot what I was wearing, once or twice I
tried to steer the skis around at low speed, as is my habit, by sort
of rolling the outside knee inwards and slightly stepping the inside
ski into the turn. Here I found that I now had a rapidly diverging
pair of skis...

I have only tried modern carvers (170s) at the Tamworth Snow Dome. TBF
the Dynastar 185s are probably a tad long for me anyway but they were a
bargain second hand from Snow and Rock 20 years ago.

I last used them in 2004 at Mont Dore (Espace Sancy). They were indeed
hard work for rapid direction changes, but they were invigoratingly fast
where you could schuss a bit.

Actually, now that you mention it, my old skis were more stable in a
straight line (hardly surprising) and they always had a good glide on
shallow runs.

--
-Pip