Can you ski Geneva in November?

Old August 7th 05, 02:08 PM
zepped zepped is offline
Junior Member

Question Can you ski Geneva in November?

I'm looking to go to Geneva in mid to late November (I might be able to go in December or January, but November looks best for my schedule) and would like to ski the Alps if possible. I'm unfamiliar with the weather there and wether or not skiing is even available then in that area. Any help? Thanks.
Old August 7th 05, 07:49 PM
timR

"zepped" wrote in message

| I'm looking to go to Geneva in mid to late November (I might be able
| go in December or January, but November looks best for my schedule)
and
| would like to ski the Alps if possible. I'm unfamiliar with the
weather
| there and wether or not skiing is even available then in that area.
Any
| help? Thanks.
|

| --
| zepped

The glacier at Tignes reopens early October. A little over 2.5 hours by
car, approx. You will only find glacier skiing at that time of year,
most winter seasons proper don't begin until mid-December.

Pete
http://MySnowSports.com

Old August 7th 05, 10:36 PM
Brian McIlwrath

timR wrote:

: The glacier at Tignes reopens early October. A little over 2.5 hours by
: car, approx. You will only find glacier skiing at that time of year,
: most winter seasons proper don't begin until mid-December.

Val'dIsere opened on around 28th November last year and, I presume, they
will do the same this year. Whether they have any snow is in the lap of
the gods!
Old August 8th 05, 12:39 PM
Sarah Eggleston

Brian McIlwrath wrote:
timR wrote:

: The glacier at Tignes reopens early October. A little over 2.5 hours by
: car, approx. You will only find glacier skiing at that time of year,
: most winter seasons proper don't begin until mid-December.

Val'dIsere opened on around 28th November last year and, I presume, they
will do the same this year. Whether they have any snow is in the lap of
the gods!

Both of those can be awkward to get to by public transport, so in case
you won't have a car, you could also try the glaciers at Les Diablerets
or Montfort (Verbier).

http://www.glacier3000.ch/
http://www.verbier.ch/ (Verbier haven't announced the winter open date
yet, but I seem to remember from previous years that in good conditions
it can be early).

However, it appears that Diablerets is not open for skiers this summer -
anyone know why? Is it shortage of snow?

-Sarah
Old August 8th 05, 03:16 PM
zepped zepped is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for the help
Old August 9th 05, 10:31 AM
timR

"Sarah Eggleston" wrote in message
| Brian McIlwrath wrote:
| timR wrote:
|
| : The glacier at Tignes reopens early October. A little over 2.5
hours by
| : car, approx. You will only find glacier skiing at that time of
year,
| : most winter seasons proper don't begin until mid-December.
|
| Val'dIsere opened on around 28th November last year and, I presume,
they
| will do the same this year. Whether they have any snow is in the lap
of
| the gods!
|
| Both of those can be awkward to get to by public transport, so in case
| you won't have a car, you could also try the glaciers at Les
Diablerets
| or Montfort (Verbier).
|
| http://www.glacier3000.ch/
| http://www.verbier.ch/ (Verbier haven't announced the winter open date
| yet, but I seem to remember from previous years that in good
conditions
| it can be early).
|
| However, it appears that Diablerets is not open for skiers this
summer -
| anyone know why? Is it shortage of snow?
|
| -Sarah

The company that operated Les Diabs went bankrupt earlier this year, no
summer skiing as a result.

Pete http://MySnowSports.com

Transfer from Geneva to Les Arcs and back ... Lewis Barclay Snowboarding 0 December 19th 03 09:55 AM
geneva SJ European Ski Resorts 4 December 13th 03 06:46 AM
Park City Mountain Resort Opens November 14 User Alpine Skiing 2 November 14th 03 06:52 PM
Park City Mountain Resort Opens November 14 User North American Ski Resorts 0 November 13th 03 07:20 PM
cheap 'n' cheerful hotel, close to Geneva? Steve European Ski Resorts 1 November 5th 03 12:45 PM