St Anton

Old July 11th 03, 11:20 PM
Michael Chare

Default St Anton

Are Zurs and St Christopher properly inter linked by ski lifts and ski runs?

If so, where is the best location to stay to ski the whole Lech, Zurs, St
Christopher, St Anton area?

Michael Chare

Old July 12th 03, 07:39 AM
Clive Perry

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Are Zurs and St Christopher properly inter linked by ski lifts and ski

runs?

If so, where is the best location to stay to ski the whole Lech, Zurs, St
Christopher, St Anton area?

Michael Chare

No ski and/or lift links as far as I am aware, you need to get a bus from
Stuben to get to Lech and Zurs.

Clive.

Old July 12th 03, 07:50 AM
Nigel

There is no ski link (piste or lift ) between St Christoph & Zurs .
There is a Free Bus Service from the car park at "Rauz" which runs every
20mins .

During the season conditions permitting it is possible to Ski off piste
from the Top of Valluaga 2 Cable Car however, they will not let you on
the lift with ski's/board unless you have a Guide.

Where to stay depends on what your looking for. You can stay at any of
the resorts and ski the whole area. St Anton is easy to get to & has
accomodations of all sorts . It is famous for its apres ski & nightlife
but IMHO has dramatically deteriated over the last 10years. St Christoph
(small & quiet) & Zurs are upmaket 4 & 5* Hotel resorts. Lech has
upmarket accomodations + there are B&B's . It is no more expensive than
St Anton .

Most people who go to The Arlberg only ski the whole area once in the
week or twice on a two week holiday then tend to stick to the local area
where there staying in most cases St Anton or Lech.

If you need more info ?

Regards
Nigel

Old July 12th 03, 04:26 PM
Ian Spare

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:39:08 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Perry"
wrote:

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Are Zurs and St Christopher properly inter linked by ski lifts and ski

runs?

If so, where is the best location to stay to ski the whole Lech, Zurs, St
Christopher, St Anton area?

Michael Chare

No ski and/or lift links as far as I am aware, you need to get a bus from
Stuben to get to Lech and Zurs.

Not quite Stuben, just the bottom of the Valluga run. Stuben though is
pretty nice to stay at. I go to Lech a lot, 4 or 5 times a year maybe
or more, so obviously I really Lech :-) But, last Christmas as our
escape from families we stayed in Stuben for a change which I really
enjoyed.

St Anton just isn't for me, too noisy and busy but if someone likes a
bit of life it's probably more suitable than Lech.

Zurs is just some expensive hotels on the road from the Flexenpass to
Lech, good skiing though.

Ian

Clive.

--
Yeah, because you never know when the value of 2^15 will change and
you have to go through all your code fixing it.
Old July 13th 03, 07:55 AM
Clive Perry

wrote:

Not quite Stuben, just the bottom of the Valluga run. Stuben though is
pretty nice to stay at. I go to Lech a lot, 4 or 5 times a year maybe
or more, so obviously I really Lech :-) But, last Christmas as our
escape from families we stayed in Stuben for a change which I really
enjoyed.

St Anton just isn't for me, too noisy and busy but if someone likes a
bit of life it's probably more suitable than Lech.

Zurs is just some expensive hotels on the road from the Flexenpass to
Lech, good skiing though.

Ian

Thanks for the correction Ian, we were there also at Christmas but stayed in
St. Anton - well Nasserein to be more precise. I would also like to try
staying in a quieter place like Stuben or St. Christophe.

Is there a hotel you would recommend in Stuben?

Cheers

Clive

Old July 13th 03, 08:10 AM
Ian Spare

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 07:55:15 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Perry"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Not quite Stuben, just the bottom of the Valluga run. Stuben though is
pretty nice to stay at. I go to Lech a lot, 4 or 5 times a year maybe
or more, so obviously I really Lech :-) But, last Christmas as our
escape from families we stayed in Stuben for a change which I really
enjoyed.

St Anton just isn't for me, too noisy and busy but if someone likes a
bit of life it's probably more suitable than Lech.

Zurs is just some expensive hotels on the road from the Flexenpass to
Lech, good skiing though.

Ian

Thanks for the correction Ian, we were there also at Christmas but stayed in
St. Anton - well Nasserein to be more precise. I would also like to try
staying in a quieter place like Stuben or St. Christophe.

Is there a hotel you would recommend in Stuben?

Not sure, we stayed at the Mondschein (http://www.mondschein.com/)
which was excellent, http://www.stuben.com/ has some other listings
but the other good one is the the Hotel Post
(http://www.hotelpost.com). I frequently lunch at the Berghaus which I
like and I think they do rooms as well.

Cheers

Clive

Old July 13th 03, 08:51 AM
Tom Bertheau

Are Zurs and St Christopher properly inter linked by ski lifts and ski
runs?

If so, where is the best location to stay to ski the whole Lech, Zurs, St
Christopher, St Anton area?

Michael Chare

No ski and/or lift links as far as I am aware, you need to get a bus from
Stuben to get to Lech and Zurs.

Clive.

Skiing from St Anton / Valluga Top Station to Lech & Zurs is possible, if
you are accompanied by a local mountain guide.
But they won't let you go on the top tram with skis, if you are on your own.

Tom

Old July 16th 03, 10:09 AM
Steve

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:51:11 +0200, "Tom Bertheau"
wrote:

Clive.

Skiing from St Anton / Valluga Top Station to Lech & Zurs is possible, if
you are accompanied by a local mountain guide.
But they won't let you go on the top tram with skis, if you are on your own.

Tom

You can always hike the last section to get around this restriction:-)

~ If emailing, please use: Steve_A_Haigh
~ @
~ hotmail.com
~
Old July 16th 03, 11:38 AM
Greg Hilton

cheers for the replies, a group has already booked to St Anton to get cheap
Easyjet flights, but I think we are going to hold off then goto the resort
in Europe with the best snow early December, granted we may pay more for
flights etc.

regards,

Greg