Squaw Valley

Old September 2nd 20, 01:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default decisions

[Default] On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 09:49:52 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote this crap:

You didn't even know there was a Bogner store in the lodge.

I don't shop in the lodge, like a tourist. I shop in town where the
prices are better.

You've never been in the lodge,

Yes I have. I can post pictures.

Horvath

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Support the military, or else.
Old September 2nd 20, 02:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

[Default] On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 09:59:38 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 09/01/2020 06:40 AM, wrote:

Good for you. I bought my Nikes at the outlet store just south of
Detroit. Only an idiot would pay full price for Nikes. I had a pair
of Air Jordan's once. They sold for $300 in stores. (That would be
$500 today.) I bought them at the outlet store for $60. I only wore
them bar hopping and many people asked if they were real, or copies.
They were indeed real.

I am shocked that you would do such a lame thing.

I'm shocked that you're shocked that I would do such a cool thing.
I didn't buy the shoes to wear around town. Just to impress people.
That's really the only reason that people buy expensive clothes.

The best sneakers on
earth aren't worth $60,

Of course not. I figger the cost to make them in Jakarta by people
making a dollar a day is about one dollar. The cost for shipping them
to the US is about five bucks. And the cost of advertising is another
five bucks. So they're worth about eleven bucks. (Maybe another two
bucks for the outlet store.) But no more than $15.

much less the additional price paid by people
who can only achieve greatness by buying ****.

Isn't that about 99% of the population?

One bad thing about ALL sneaker-like shoes, including those for hiking:
the glue that holds the soles on eventually gives up. Same for Tevas.
Those soles look SO studly, but they aren't. Contact cement works
nicely, but it's hard to apply unless you rip the sole off completely,
which I've never done.

Try applying the glue with one of those plastic disposable knives.

I don't like Nikes either -- I think they make them narrow or something.

I don't know anything about ladies shoes.

Here's what I know: they don't fit my feet.

But this pair that I got
athletes foot on, the left shoe always felt too small. I measured
them numerous times and held them sole-to-sole and they looked
identical.

I suppose you measured your feet too...

D'oh! I should have thought of that. I'm a math major and a
scientist, of course I thought of that. And that's never happened
with any other shoes, including the Nike Air Jordans.

But the left one felt wrong. I only got athletes foot on
the left one and only on that shoe. So I finally decided that that
shoe was cursed, and the only way to lift the curse was to give them
away. I never had athletes foot again.

Never had it, never taken any precautions. I go barefoot whenever possible.

I go to too many places that have signs that say, "No shirt, no shoes,
no service." I prefer to wear sandals or boating shoes. I have a
nice collection of Sperry Topsiders, because you can't wear the same
shoes on a boat that you wear on the street. Also, you don't wear the
same shoes for racing that you wear for casual sailing.

Also, there's nothing more comfortable than a pair of well worn Army
boots.

I consider Nikes to be of poor quality and overpriced.

All the name brands are overpriced. Same with spectacle frames and just
about anything else. OTOH, I don't think there are ANY non-brand-name
skis. I bought some $3 no-name goggles from eBay and am perfectly happy
with them.

What we're willing to spend money on is very different from what we can
afford.

Soooo true. Especially with booze.

My suspicions
were confirmed when I read a story in the paper where a Nike factory
in Jakarta was BURNED TO THE GROUND by the employees who were not
being paid their dollar-a-day wages. I later learned of other
atrocities done by the Nike Corp. and I decided that I shall never buy
another Nike product.

Surprised they didn't blame the fire on invading Vikings, or maybe
Ostrogoths. We don't hear much about the Ostrogoths any more...

They've been taken over by ANTIFA.

Old September 4th 20, 01:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

[Default] On Wed, 2 Sep 2020 09:49:12 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote this crap:
You didn't even know there was a Bogner store in the lodge.

I don't shop in the lodge, like a tourist. I shop in town where the
prices are better.

You've never been in the lodge,

Yes I have. I can post pictures.

How about a pic of you at the Bogner store wearing your military
uniform without bird**** on the shoulders and arms?

I can photoshop that. With a general's uniform and Stein and Sonny
Bono standing next to me. But you would just say it was faked.

Old September 4th 20, 01:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

[Default] On Wed, 2 Sep 2020 10:46:29 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 09/02/2020 07:16 AM, wrote:

wrote this crap:

I am shocked that you would do such a lame thing.

I'm shocked that you're shocked that I would do such a cool thing. I
didn't buy the shoes to wear around town. Just to impress people.
That's really the only reason that people buy expensive clothes.

I'm shocked that YOU would do something just to impress people.

Surprise! Why do you think I spent three years in Boston earning
three Harvard degrees? And another year at MIT? It certainly wasn't
to find work. But all seriousness aside, most of what I do is just to
impress myself. I grew up as a son of an Eastern European immigrant
who's best job was working in a factory. I had seven brothers and
sisters and our favorite toys were empty boxes brought from the
factory.

BTW, I've been getting ****loads of job offers from Wright-Patterson
Air Farce Base in Dayton. I read in the paper that they are under
consideration for the headquarters of the new Space Force.

The best sneakers on earth aren't worth $60, much less the
additional price paid by people who can only achieve greatness by
buying ****.

Isn't that about 99% of the population?

Yes. Unfortunately it's what keeps the economy going :-(

Also, there's nothing more comfortable than a pair of well worn Army
boots.

If you say so. I liked my RedWing engineer boots for motorcycling a lot
more than REAL MC boots.

When I'm around town riding my Harley I prefer Army boots or my cowboy
boots. I think Red Wings are overpriced.

Squaw lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 0 May 5th 11 09:47 PM
Mammoth versus Squaw Valley? jack Alpine Skiing 2 December 8th 08 11:53 AM
squaw resort available Allen Chen North American Ski Resorts 0 December 2nd 06 12:04 AM
Squaw Valley Ski Share A. Wilder General 0 October 27th 05 11:36 PM
Alpine Squaw interconnect? uglymoney Alpine Skiing 1 October 27th 04 06:37 PM