Old January 4th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Sean[_2_]

Default Bindings

Thanks for the reply Chris. I poked around the intertubes and found a ton
of reviews for the Relay Pro's that were positive. I wish I lived near a
mountain so I could demo a pair...being in the southeast makes that kind of
difficult .

I liked my K2's heelside move, but I'm much stronger going heel side than
toe side. It's kind of a strange feeling - while heel side, I have no
problem getting the edge to work for me putting down a nice, narrow line in
the snow. Toe side, on the other hand, I feel like I am about to launch off
the mountain with much less control. Something to work on this year. Do you
think the Relay Pro's have some flex in them going toe side transition? I
spent my youth on skateboards (mainly pipes) so the flexibility sounds very
appealing.

Arvin pointed me to a couple of choices for a new board two years ago...I
ended up with my Salomon Link and I really enjoy it. I only get about 10
days a year on the snow, so there isn't much opportunity to try before buy.
Anyhoo, I always enjoyed reading his technical posts.

Sean

"Christopher Cox" wrote in message
Hi Sean,

I demo'ed a pair of Salomon Relay Pro's this year. They feel different
enough that I would recommend you demo'ing them as well.
Very flexible from the front to the back of the board. (Skateboard'ish)
Extremely easy to go heal side. Going toe side is more of a challenge for
reasons I cannot grasp yet.

As for Arvin, have not heard from him on the group this year. It's almost
like it is not winter yet.

Chris