Old February 15th 06, 04:15 AM

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
It certainly was a fine response, yet isn't doing so the standard or
even an established policy of some kind?

Gene

I didn't think this was a big deal. Don't you guys remember Belmondo at
Salt Lake breaking her pole 3km from the finish. She also got a
Norwegian pole, if I am not mistaken. It doesn't mater who breaks the
pole, if any coach is standing nearby with a spare, the said athlete is
getting that pole. I think this is kinda like the unwritten rule in
road biking. If the leader goes down, don't attack.

Cy