Old February 19th 06, 08:39 PM

Terje Henriksen wrote:
Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
wrote:

The terrain I ski in has short steep hills which are 1-3 minutes of
max hr way over anaerobic threshold, with about 2-3 minutes of
recovery before the next hill. In particular when skating I try to
have complete leg extension. The amount of force generated by my legs
is way more per extension than what I do while cycling, so I guess it
makes sense that that type of exercise would encourage bulk I didn't
see from biking.

Joseph, you might consider not going max on the hills so that you can
use the area in between to maintain speed rather than recovery.
There's a lot to be gained overall that way.

Remember Juha Mieto and Vladimir Smirnoff? All muscular persons. And today:
Svartedal, all muscles.

Jens Arne Svartedal is muscular but he is still "only" 82kg.

Trond Iversen is 90!

That settles it for me. If someone who weighs 90kg can qualify to
represent the Norwegian Olympic team in the 50km freestyle, that means
de facto that weight is in itself not an issue.

Joseph