Old September 10th 04, 07:45 AM
ant

"Norm" wrote in message
news:vU90d.357721$M95.345018@pd7tw1no...

I'm wondering on what do you base the conclusion that it is too hard for

you
to work here. Lots of resorts here seem to employ lots of Australians, I'm
certain the only reason I don't NOTICE as many merkins is because they

sound
pretty much like we do, southerners and easterners notwithstanding.

The Australians are on a Commonwealth countries working holiday visa scheme.
They apply, and get one that lasts a year, it's a one-off though. You ahve
to be under 30 to do it. Some non-Commonwealth countries have joined the
scheme, but I don't think the US is party to it.

ant