Old January 5th 04, 12:56 PM
Dean

Default Snowboarding or skiing?

Joe Ramirez wrote:

I'm planning to learn either snowboarding or skiing and would like a little
advice from enthusiasts about which sport to choose. I'm 42 and have no
previous experience with snow sports.

Joe, I'm 48. I started boarding at age 47. I have no plans to stop. I did not
downhill ski before starting to snowboard. I'm usually the oldest person on a
board in my area, and often the only adult. I never wanted to ski. Boarding
looked like too much fun to not try it.

Much depends upon your physical condition. If you are out of condition then any
sport can result in serious injury. Ice skating can be good conditioning for
your legs. I skated for several years before starting boarding.

Find a good instructor. Get a helmet.

Dean