Old January 19th 12, 11:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jay W

Default Coating vs Waxing

On Jan 17, 10:40*pm, gr wrote:
On 1/17/2012 6:46 AM, lolix wrote: See FluoroPolymeric Coating By Leonid Kuzmin
http://kuzmin.se/pgs/fp_drum_en.html

Sounds a little like NotWax a liquid teflon wipe.

I'm hoping someone with reputation actually tries this. He's using an
angle grinder at 5000 rpm, which I'm sure generates quite a bit of
heat. So this seems like rotocorking or superrotocorking. Also, I'm
confused why he would do some light metal scraping (spactula?) after
the fluoro. Finally, I think Kuzmin is missing the idea that wax
wearing off the ski will make the ski faster. Downhillers slobber on
the Cera expecting it to last only a few seconds. They don't do that
because they enjoy blowing money.I started corking in Cera over the
top of an ironed in applicaiton, and I believe that's faster since the
skis slow 15-20 km later.

Jay