Old December 21st 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Chris Cole

Default New midlength skis---glide as good as full-length?

I got a few pairs of the Nordic Cruisers (Cruiser or Voyager model I
think) and ski 90% ungroomed. They have narrowed them a little each year
(used to be around 54mm wide), but they turn easier, have good glide
(due I think to the 2 radius camber built in). Only thing I don't like
is the front is too low and they go under the snow a lot (for deep
untraveled snow).
gr

Ditto that...

A few stores started stocking the Fischer Nordic Cruiser range 2 or 3
seasons ago down here in Australia. They suck. A lot. Poor flotation on
ungroomed snow, and not much upturn in the tip, which leads to a _lot_
of digging in. Hired them out of curiosity the same day I took a pair of
Atomic Sierras for a spin.

I currently have a pair of 2 year old Atomic Rainiers for off-track
touring and playing (large sidecut, full metal edges) which are great
for such use but _very_ heavy. My fiancee uses the significantly lighter
and less-sidecut Sierras, and I would recommend these (or similar...
something in the lesser-sidecut end of the Fischer S-bound range
perhaps, if they're still available) for good all-round on/off track
touring performance.

Regards,
Chris

telemark at tpg.com.au