Old December 13th 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Alun Evans

Default Toxic Ski and snowboard wax polluting groundwater???

Yes, I would have to agree with you Rob. Ski wax is one of the last
pollutants we need to worry about.

So as it happens I was riding down in the Heavenly (Lake Tahoe)
gondola with a veteran ski instructor on Sunday.

She was talking about the changes since Vail resorts took over, one of
the biggest being their environmental conservation policies.

Apparently they built large water cleaning facilities that collect the
snow melt run-off from the mountain and they purify it before it flows
to the Lake. The reason being the debris / rubbish, random fluids from
snow-cats / chair lifts, and yes, wax from skis / boards.

We were surprised by the wax comment and did ask "really?!?", and she
said it was the case.

Still, I tend to agree with the OP on the product peddling

A.

--
Alun Evans