Old February 26th 13, 07:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
PipL

Default How inconvenient is it...

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 19:37:54 +0000, Michael Chare
mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk wrote:

The area is much better interconnected than it was, as for some years
there has been a lift from Furi to Riffelberg.

Thanks, I noticed that. There have been some changes.

Getting an international
ski pass that allows access to Cervinia is worth while - IMHO. But watch
the wind speed as the main cable can can be closed. We enjoy the run
from the Kliene Matterhorne to Valtournenche first thing in the morning.

I probably won't have time to do Cervinia and all three of Zermatt's areas in
three days, and I've done Cervinia already anyway.

Also, they have half-pipes in Zermatt apparently, so, if I do manage to cover
the bits I want to try in the first couple of days, depending on how it goes
and on how frightening the snow parks look, day 3 might just be a snowboard
day - I'll possibly take both ski and snowboard boots.

--

Pip