Old November 22nd 05, 03:55 PM

Christopher Cox wrote:

You may have had to much overhang with your particular setup, thereby
causing you problems. But some overhang is normal and in many cases
optimal. With 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch overhang on each side, you can carve
well over 45 degrees without interference. Yes, if you carve way over 45
degrees, you need a setup for that. But these types are usually hard
booter's with angles that rarely get in the way.

With that much overhang, maybe you'll see contact if you're testing your
board on a flat surface. But the snow is not flat and furthermore if
it's soft you'll dig in, so I think you'll get some drag. I don't
understand why anyone would want any overhang at all, ever. OTOH the
only time most soft booters see an inclination approaching 45 degrees is
when they're skidding down the hill on their heel edge on a slope that's
too steep for them.

Neil