Old March 17th 05, 12:59 AM
VtSkier

Bob Lee wrote:
(snipperoo)

I can read metaphors like I can read the wind, but you didn't write any
metaphors - you wrote an oxymoron. You *do* know that metaphors are not
oxymorons, that there is a distinct difference?

We see that you've got a talent for at oxymorons, now try writing a
metaphor (like I did above) and then tell us the difference between a
metaphor and an oxymoron. For extra points, see if you can use the term
"chew-toy" in your metaphor. Example: I play with Ichin Shin like my
dog plays with his favorite chew-toy.

I'm sorry Bob, what you have written is not a metaphor, it
is a simile. These are very close constructs but it is a
simile by the fact that you used the word "like" (you might
have used "as" instead of "like" but no others).

Example: My playing with Ichin Shen reminds me of my dog
playing with his favorite chew-toy.

This is a metaphor. Using "like" or "as" makes it a simile.

(snip some more)

VtSkier