Old November 18th 09, 08:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Turning on flat skis?

VtSkier wrote:

Are we at all sure this is 'modern' technique?

It looks for all the world what I was learning
in the 60's for effective braking turns.
Make a platform (traverse strongly edged)
Release edges, perform turning maneuver
(steering or hop)
Bring skis around to opposite direction traverse
Set edges
Repeat

Well, it worked in the 60's, didn't it? It should work just as well today.

Of course, there are other techniques that may work better.

Anyway, you can read his screed at
http://www.skipanda.com/Ski%20Carvin...%20Article.pdf
Sounds like a combination of footer, itchy, and the unabomber....

And then the instructor guy was dressed in an
80's body bag.

Where did your 60's ski instructor get an 80's fart bag? Did he have a
time machine?

//Walt