Old October 8th 03, 06:52 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Default Where were you when xxx accident happened?

lal_truckee wrote:

Spent all your time shoveling snow, no doubt?

We did dig the car out each day so as to not lose it. I remember the
area report was "base of 40 with 13 new". They were talking feet.

During the week, the only area that did open was Flatstar. They managed
to cat out some intermediate runs. With the cat compression of the snow,
they had 3 foot high banks on the sides of the runs. Even if you got
going fast and jumped off the groomed, those old-fashioned skinny skis
did not let you carry enough speed to do anything on the terrain you
could access. You just wallowed.

I wish I would have gotten the idea for fat skis back then - I could
afford an H2. "Honey, this honeymoon thing has to wait - I need to work
on a new ski design".

Mike...

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us