Old October 8th 03, 04:57 PM
Richard Henry

Default Where were you when xxx accident happened?

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
Chester Bullock wrote:

Here's a morbid, on topic related thread for you.

Where were you when such and such accident occurred?

When the bullwheel came off the lift on North Peak at Keystone, I was
out racing somewhere, I think Breck. Didn't really hear about it until
I got home...

I was trying to force my chained-up 69 Toyota Corona up the Alpine
Meadows access road through the snow-drifts when the 1982 avalanche hit
the base area and parking lot, killing 7. I spent the next several
hours, before finding out about the avalanche, ****ed off that I hadn't
been able to get to the slopes and was missing the epic powder.

That week I was on a Mammoth trip, staying in June Lake to save money. It
started snowing Sunday night, then all day Monday, and we were barely able
to get back to June after skiing. By Tuesday morning the snow had stopped,
but 395 was closed. June Mt. finally opened lifts about 11, so we spent the
day there. The rest of the week was epic. We were still finding fesh
powder patches Friday morning.