Old October 8th 03, 04:37 PM
lal_truckee

Default Where were you when xxx accident happened?

Chester Bullock wrote:

Here's a morbid, on topic related thread for you.

Where were you when such and such accident occurred?

When the bullwheel came off the lift on North Peak at Keystone, I was
out racing somewhere, I think Breck. Didn't really hear about it until
I got home...

I was trying to force my chained-up 69 Toyota Corona up the Alpine
Meadows access road through the snow-drifts when the 1982 avalanche hit
the base area and parking lot, killing 7. I spent the next several
hours, before finding out about the avalanche, ****ed off that I hadn't
been able to get to the slopes and was missing the epic powder.