Old February 25th 11, 09:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Champ

Default Would a beginners board work for deep powder?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:56:18 -0600, "Mike M. Miskulin"
wrote:

You don't say how big you are, but if you're struggling to get your
board to float, I'd suggest:
- move the bindings back, if you can
- get a bigger board.

Then again, for $25, why not get the K2 anyway?

Agree with all the above, get the K2 if its in one piece and
use it as your rock board.

Yep, that's what I would do too.

If you are having problems with board float on steeper
terrain I'd say it could also be the way you are riding -
if anything board float will become a much bigger issue
on less steep terrain where one tends to sink as the
speed bleeds off.

Again, I thought of saying something like this too. As you say, the
steeper the slope, the easier it is for the board to float, so if the
OP is having float problems on steep terrain, then it's probably down
to technique.

good luck and have fun.

Yep, that's what it's all about!
--