Old May 22nd 05, 02:04 PM
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:

Gary S. wrote:

Also the T-bar, where there is a bar at the end of the
rope, and you place this between your legs, and sort of partially sit
on the bar.

I would suggest that the next time you go skiing, that you inquire to
the lift attendant the correct way to ride a T-bar. It's made for 2
people, you don't place it between your legs and you don't partially
sit on it.

Don't discourage him - it's a rare treat for observers when someone
places a t-bar between their legs or partially sits on it. Très amusant.

A t-bar, unlike a platter-pull/poma-lift has a great "hook" and
WILL drag you up the hill in whatever situation you were in after
you had tried to sit.

My first ride in a Poma type lift was in 1957. I tried to sit.
Fell. Was dragged up the hill because I was hanging on tenaciously.
Some one yelled "let go". So I did. By this time my head was facing
uphill and the platter was below me. When the platter let go, it
caught me just above the eye. Black eye, beautiful, for a week
or so. Coulda been worse. I stood up forever after.