Old January 21st 05, 12:40 PM
David Dermott

On 20 Jan 2005, wintermutt wrote:

what is the difference between NNN and NNN2 and NNNbc?
and also will NNN2 bindings work with NNN boots and also the other way
around?

So "flexor" is the name of the rubber thingy in front of the boot
toe.
As Mitch says at one time you could buy flexors to convert NNN-1
bindings so they would work with NNN-2 boots. One can also carve up the
original NNN-1 flexor so that it fits.

Going the other way (NNN-1 boots in NNN-2 bindings) is a little more
tricky- the original flexor isn't long enough to touch the boot toe. I
think they also sold a special flexor for that.

The NNN-1 system only lasted for a few years, as did the original
Salomon D-ring binding. I had both. I was really annoying to change
boots and bindings every few years.

There is no easy way to make NNN-BC compatible with NNN-2, the sizing
of the groves and toe bar is different.

--

David Dermott , Wolfville Ridge, Nova Scotia, Canada
email: