Old October 27th 16, 02:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Necessary to get new bindings checked?

Walt wrote:
On 10/25/2016 1:25 PM, Toller wrote:
I took in and the tech was confused...

Find a shop where the tech isn't "confused".

It is always a warm a fuzzy feeling when the tech is clueless.
I believe that Okemo test the binding of every accident on rental
skis,was told a story of a instructor who adjusted his binds not to
proper setting. Had a bad accident and Okemo insurance refused to pay
because he had set his binding out of spec. When they were tested at
opening of season they were correct.

It is very much like guys who leave the pin in the firebottle or run
with an empty bottle in a formula car, why do I need it fire will not
happen to me.