Old December 22nd 04, 04:27 PM
tg

Default To Detune or Not to Detune, that is the question

A couple of us are arguing the question on detuning edges. Is it truly
necessary? I can see where it would be an issue on a different surface, one
that does not give. But considering that the edge is running against a
surface that is much softer than the edge, it seems pointless. If on powder
it is not a function at all and on very hard hardpack/ice it seems like you
would want the sharp edge all the way around? If the edge sharpness was the
issue, it seems a greater radius than simply running a file against the
sharp edge would be required.

As you can tell from my answer, I don't detune at all.

Any comments?