Old August 22nd 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Best family friendly ski resorts in Colorado?

On Aug 22, 1:28*pm, stenor1 wrote:
We usually ski in Tahoe (we like Northstar), but are considering a
trip to Colorado this year. Does anyone have suggestions for a family-
friendly resort in Colorado that is open the week prior to
Thanksgiving?

We are less concerned with cheap prices or black diamond runs, and
more interested in the following:

- Quality full-day kids ski-school programs (that would include
rentals, lift ticket, lunch etc)
- Good variety of terrain catering to novice & intermediate skiers
(nice long tree-lined blue runs like Northstar has...)
- Village with quality amenities & a variety of nice restaurants
within the village or nearby town
- Reasonably easy to get to (we normally drive 5 hours from Bay Area
to get to Tahoe, but would probably not want to drive more than 2
hours to get to resort after flying in to Denver).
- Quality accommodations such as condos/townhomes at or near resort,
either in walking distance or with shuttle service.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks!

Vail. The obvious. The best. Perfect for you. Trust me.

Two Buddha

Vail: Been so long I forgot that tourists can still show up.