Old August 7th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

Default Has anyone ever adapted skate boots for summer rollerskiing with holes/mesh

The Skike (www.skike.at I think) has an open binding in which you wear your
own favorite sneakers or walking shoes, and it supposedly gives a good
rollerski ride. A few rare but positive reviews out there on the
German-speaking www.

The supply and demand side of a popular but unavailable product like this...
I've come to believe that in sports like cycling and XC skiing, a product
will not happen unless someone at a manufacturer comes up with it all by
him/herself. Companies don't respond to demand for truly new products, just
what the competition is selling and what comes from their own ideas. Other's
ideas are dismissed.

"mountainwalker" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
Hey Jan,

The only answer I've ever gotten to this question is - "it's just hot -
that's the way it is. You only have to wear the boots for 45 min - 1
1/2 hours at a time training, so it's no big deal." However, were
there more people in the sport, I'm certain there would be a breathable
summer boot. I can't imagine that serious professional athletes don't
modify a pair of boots for warm weather training. It's expensive to
buy another pair of boots, but if you train/exercise often in warm
weather, it's got to be well worth it. My old pair of roller skates
were also super hot in warm weather.