Old January 23rd 04, 05:50 AM
Dmitry

Default Most palmer boards top out at 165 length. WHY?

"=JT=" wrote

a dealer gave me a story that fitting a (palmer) board is not by
height, but by weight, and told me a 165 honeypro or honeycomb would
be fine for me. i am 6'4" and 200 pounds, and a size 12 boot. the
165 honeypro/honeycomb stands about a 1/2 inch below my chin. do i
believe him? what do you think?

Watch out for boot drag. I think a 165 Carbon Circle will beat the hell
out of you the first day out if you're not an advanced rider, but it's only
257mm in waist. I'm wearing 9.5 size boots (Salomon Synapse) and
on my Carbon Circle 158 I'm good. But I would be really worried about
boot drag with the 12 size boots. Maybe if you also get PowerLinks
you'll be fine..

So the bottom line is I personally think that with 165 CC (can't comment
on Honeys) the length won't be an issue.