Old September 28th 12, 10:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
David B

Default best ski resort?

"BrritSki" wrote in message
On 27/09/2012 16:53, danial65 wrote:
Hi all,
I'm new in this forum and I want to know about the best ski resort in
Europe. I have a plan to go there with my family and friend. I search
many sites but this forum have some great knowledge. Thank in advance
for any suggestion.
Danial

It depends what your needs are. Are you, your family and friend(s)
beginners, intermediate, expert, off-piste powder hounds ? When can you go
? Do you speak any foreign languages ? Are non-ski activities important.

Personally my favourite resort is Le Praz which is part of the huge 3
Valleys area in France, but there are all sorts of personal reasons for
that and I know some people hate that sort of over-groomed resort with
lots of piste motorways and lots of French people.

Tell us what you are looking for and you'll get lots of advice...

If you're not keen on your family then definitely La Grave. ;o)

But on a more serious note and with no other information, BrritSki's
suggestion is a good one, or try La Tania next door. They are both little
villages within a massive ski area. You also have Meribel next door if you
fancy a bit of night life. You could do a good couple of weeks without
doing the same runs all the time.
If you're all off piste fans then it might be worth looking at Chamonix or
you could try Slovakia if you don't mind it cold.