Old September 8th 03, 02:41 PM
Ken Roberts

Default book on "new skate" technique (at last)

The more I read this book by Endestad and Teaford, the more stimulating
ideas I find in it.

So I decided to summarize some of the key concepts of the book and put them
up on the Web at
http://www.roberts-1.com/xcski/skate/et
I think that page will itself provide some stimulating ideas and tips for
anybody working on their racing-style skate technique.

Even better is to purchase the original book:
Skating for Cross-Country Skiers, by Audun Endestad and John Teaford
(Liesure Press, 1987),
ISBN 0-88011-282-4
You have to find it from a used book dealer -- I bought mine thru Amazon.

Ken

P.S.
My real goal is that Nathan or somebody will be disturbed by my page -- and
feel compelled by its shortcomings to write a modern book on ski skating
technique, one which we can all buy as a new book in lots of cross country
skiing stores.