Old March 20th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default can some snowboards be dangerous?

wrote in message

I am 34. I took up boarding three yrs ago. On my really old board,
no i never sharpened the edges, to be honest i dont really understand
edges- the measurements they give them etc i have been skiing for
eight yrs, no problems there. i am pretty cautious person actually.
i wasnt even going fast when the accident happened, i was looking out
to the side mind u.

i am 190cm tall and 90kg. maybe not cut out for boarding mmm. i
bought this new rental board after trying a 164cm one. i chose the
one which caused the accident cos it turned easil, it is 161cm. I
bought the board cos it is 26.5cm wide and i have 30.5cm boots.

I hate to tell you this, but from what you've said, your board did not "cause"
the accident. Your inattention caused the accident. A good board takes more
attention and skill to use, and it has coorrespondingly better performance to
offer. Don't blame the board. It sounds like you probably were riding flat on
the snow and caught an edge. Accept that you got a little sloppy, and had a bad
fall. It could have happened with your old board. Accidents happen. Take a few
lessons on the new board next season, and you'll be very happy with boarding.
Especially when you start getting into the powder.