Old March 19th 08, 11:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default can some snowboards be dangerous?

I am 34. I took up boarding three yrs ago. On my really old board,
no i never sharpened the edges, to be honest i dont really understand
edges- the measurements they give them etc i have been skiing for
eight yrs, no problems there. i am pretty cautious person actually.
i wasnt even going fast when the accident happened, i was looking out
to the side mind u.

i am 190cm tall and 90kg. maybe not cut out for boarding mmm. i
bought this new rental board after trying a 164cm one. i chose the
one which caused the accident cos it turned easil, it is 161cm. I
bought the board cos it is 26.5cm wide and i have 30.5cm boots.