Old January 7th 11, 07:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Converting race files for TV viewing

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:11:03 -0800 (PST)
Rominger wrote:

I know it might be a little late, but I use a Media Player and an
external HD to watch the videos on TV. It works great and no more
tired eyes in front of the computer. No need to convert files, just
put the cable on the TV and turn on the MP.

Yes, there is some cash involved (something around $100 for a MP and
another $100 for a 500GB, although you might find/need it for less),
but for me it was an investment well paid.

Thanks. A couple of weeks ago, I posed the problem it at the
VideoHelp.com forum and the suggestion was also a media player. Their
favorites are the WD and Seagate, but when I went looking around there
are others that users like better. The big favorite is the Patriot
BoxOffice, a small box that also takes a HDD, tho I don't have need. My
luck, just before Xmas the price at Amazon dropped to under $45 with
rebate. It plays close to everything, the picture is better than the
Philips DVD player, has a good forum and frequent firmware updates.
Great find.

Gene