Old April 27th 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Roller Ski Pole Grip with Toko Gloves (unpadded suede) versus Padded Bike Gloves

I have not had a lot of durability success with the Toko or Swix
rollerski gloves. They just fall apart somewhat quickly (crashes
probably helped too but ...).

I have been using Pearl Izumi GEL-lite gloves (think that is the
model). They have light "gel" padding on the palm, but I really do not
notice at all when poling. Think the Pearl Izumi gloves work great and
have no complaints. They have been more durable so far. I also rarely
get blisters from them vs. blisters being a more frequent occurance
with rollerski specific gloves. I would guess this is the case because
the bike gloves feel better ventilated.

Bike gloves are the way to go IMHO.