Old January 6th 05, 11:13 PM
lonerider

Mike T wrote:
It is true that having better edgehold will give you more

confidence
and allow beginner to work on other technique issues... but that

just
kind of delays the lesson in edge pressure on variable snow

condition.
Maybe it's just an unfounded worry.

I dunno, you're still going to have to learn how to feather edge

pressure on
variable snow. Even longer GS boards which have legendary edge hold

don't
negate that issue!

Yea that exactly is my point... even with a board with great edgehold,
you still need to learn how how to deal with variable snow
conditions... and I know of a few riders here in Tahoe that ride long
GS boards as a crutch to cover for their technique issues. They are so
used to the "board" handling things for them that they are helpless
when the conditions require additional user input. I keep hearing
gripes about the snow during the spring, when it isn't that bad at all
- nearly all of them talk about getting custom boards instead of just
learning how to ride the death cookie / slush mixture.

OK, centered on the midpoint of the total board length, rather than

centered
about the waist... never tried that on my Wide. I never move my

bindings on
that thing, always at 19.25" centered on the inserts which I believe

is also
centered about the waist, or narrowest part of the board...

Mike T

19.25"? How tall are you again? I have 20" on my stance... perhaps I
should shorten my stance a big (Sean's method has me at 18.5" both via
tibia measurement and .6*inseam measurement). I do have 1*/1* and 1*/2*
on tilt/cant on my bindings though.