Old March 17th 10, 11:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bob

Default Salomon's New Classic Propulsion Binding and the Salomon SkateWedge.

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
snip

Anyway, I'll be quite stupid if I managed to get this wrong, and having
missed it with the thing sin my hands and under my feet. I was told the
wedge is to lift the tips off the snow primarily, and that it helps
with the toe push-off that is normally taboo. I never figured anything
else but the heels being raised more, that's what makes sense to me.
For range of motion from the ankle, a lower heel would be beneficial.
But would that be BETTER? Then I would hope the (inline)skating sports

snip

is this what you're talking about?
http://www.skiroll.it/shop/en/produc...-SNS-WEDGE.asp
The high end of the wedge is clearly under the toe of the binding.

Bob