Old December 10th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default hey Brian Pauley

I'll have to defer to your knowledge of this. It may have been put
back to default with a recent update, but some time back I had set my
total upload speed to 30 kbps and regularly see transfers in the upper
20s. Not great, but then I don't have anything to compare it to.

"shreddir" wrote:

rm
My issue with Comcast is not whether you can set up the torrent client
to work, I using Comcast right now with Utorrent. It sucks and I
will dump them as soon as Verizon fiber optic is available where I
live. Even you do the settings correctly with any client program the
max effective torrent upload speed you can get with their standard
cable package is 10% of their advertized 485kb upload speed which is
about 48-50kb/s. This is really slow for seeding anybody especially
if a lot of people connect as peers. That's why last year when I was
doing most of the NRK recording for the group I would tell only people
who I knew had fast upload connection the torrent address first and
once they had a 100% copy only then would I announce the torrent link
to the rest of you in the newsgroup. The only way any Comcast
subscriber should be the intial seeder is MAYBE if they have their so
called "Blast" service which costs more $$ and allegedly has a higher
upload speed. I say again, Comcasts download speed is irrelevant to
help get those first seed copies up and running.

Look at Oskar's seeding when he puts up his torrents. His Swedish
internet service is outstanding. I have seen his connection feed me
his file at speeds up to 250kb/s while rest of us Comcast cable
losers are feeding each other is in single digits or teens. This is
why he can create other seeders in only a few hours. We all need to
give Oskar major props and thanks for his recordings and having such
good upload service.

wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for saying something. 63.3% on the women's and and 65.5% on
the men's. What Brian probably needs to do is leave his computer on
overnight one or two nights so that some can finish and then seed
others. I don't know if Comcast is involved, since it doesn't seem
to be a problem on mine. But to help with that, everyone using
Azureus should go to Tools Options Connection Transport
Encryption and check the first three boxes: Require encrypted
transport, Allow outgoing nonencrypted if encrypted fails, and allow
nonincryped incoming. I've read that these help get around blockage.
Other BT clients presumably have similar settings.

rm

"shreddir" wrote:

Thanks for putting the biathlon torrent up. One thing though, you
need to reconnect to the torrent and make those video files you got
from "you know who" available and wait til at least one other guy
gets 100% so rest of us in turn can get our copy. Right now I
count at least 12 other people stuck at 63.3% completion. Nobody
can do anything until you re-connect! If you feel that you can't
stick around on the torrent long enough to do this because say you
have a really poor upload speed on your internet connection (another
reason why Comcast cable internet is a piece of crap) then you
should let somebody else who has better connection service (Verizon
fiber optic kicks butt!) get the video first from our friend
overseas.

Thanks
shreddir