Old July 10th 03, 04:28 PM
daveXCski

Default Foot stress while roller skiing

I had the same problem. It gets worse as the wheel wears too. I
switched to narrower wheel Marwee's and the problem went away. The
narrower wheel is also less likely to stall on small stones that you
don't see.

dave

(kayakclc) wrote in message . com...
Hi all.

When roller skiing(V2 720) the joint between my big toe and the ball
of the foot gets very sore because I have to work so hard to "edge"
the ski(it wants to roll out). I'm assuming it's because my boots are
12 years old and lack support/stiffness. However, maybe the ski feels
like it wants to roll out because the wide wheels tend to keep the ski
flat rather than letting it roll with my foot. ?Sound reasonable?

This brings up another question. If wide wheels resist the rolling of
my foot, do the narrower wheels roll with the foot better? If so then
they are probably harder to balance on also? Any thoughts on the wide
vs narrow wheels?