Old November 19th 03, 07:10 AM
InMyTree

Default SKI EQUIPMENT HIRE - Advice greatly appreciated

"Djuro" wrote in message
om...
Dear all,

Can anyone advise as to what level of ski equipment I should hire?

I was in your situation last year. I was skiing mostly intermediate runs
and some blacks, and I'd tell this to the guy I was hiring from and they
would always hand me ski's that were barely above entry level (Salomon Verse
for example). I didn't know any different so I just took them and they
always seemed ok.

Anyway, I went to Switzerland last January and thought "Screw this, I'm
getting some expensive ski's to see what they're like".. anyway, I got some
Salomon Crossmax's.. from the first turn on the slopes I couldn't believe
the difference.. I was taking on blacks without any problems.. I'm really
quite annoyed I kept getting crappy "forgiving" skis in previous holidays...
I'd say if I was you I'd try something "advanced" and see how you go..