Old November 18th 03, 06:53 PM
David Off

Default SKI EQUIPMENT HIRE - Advice greatly appreciated

Djuro wrote:
The basic levels of equipment offered are Platignum, Gold and SIlver
and apart from price I dont know what the difference is in the quality
and standard of skis offered.

I've worked a bit with Ski Set but not for a long time.
Generally this year's skis are Platingum (or however you spell it). You
may find that they are not suitable for your ability level. Why don't
you reserve Silver then upgrade when you get to resort if they are not good?

The main problem with hire gear are boots. Skis - well I can ski pretty
much anything I want on any ski, short, fat, long, skinny - I even skied
a blue at Val d'Isere on some cross-country skis last winter :-), it
doesn't make too much difference.

If you are going on a regular basis why not buy some boots?